Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chapter 9 – le mie scuse (my apologies)

But what of apologies? My auntie used to say it didn’t mean anything to say it. She didn’t want to hear the word ‘sorry’, she just wanted people to feel ‘sorry’ and then act in such a way that reflected their understanding of the action that caused them to be ‘sorry.’ We all say sorry, but then do the same wrong/shit/mean/selfish things again and again.

I am sorry, for this and that. I am sorry even though I don’t know why I am saying sorry.

I treat people badly, I do. And I am sorry about it, but I continue to treat those people in the same fashion come the following week or month or year. I am sorry for this, genuinely so, but I don’t stop doing it.

1 comment:

IhateSebbo said...

So inspiring that I decided to use some elements for my comment: I am sorry, for having read this. I am sorry even though I don’t know why I keep reading this blog.